Getting spam complaints from your subscribers is the main reason for
getting blacklisted. Here are some things to you can do to prevent
getting these complaints.
1. Double opt-in
– Having your subscriber’s double opt-in is not only a Email System
policy, but is the best way to ensure the right people receiving your
email blasts. By having your subscribers confirm their subscription to
your email blast you prevent any addresses from fraudulently being
added to your lists.
2. Control frequency of emails
– If you haven’t sent to your list in a several months, some
subscribers may forget that they had signed up, and complain. You will
want to keep in contact with them so they recognize your messages when
they arrive in their inbox.
3. Ensure You Have Valid Emails
– ISP’s monitor how many soft and hard bounces occur during an email
blast. Make sure that you have a clean list to start. This generally
shouldn’t be a problem, but some clients have a double-optin list, but
haven’t sent messages for a long time. In these cases you may wish to
send slowly over time for your first couple of email blasts so that our
system can clean your list without ISPs getting blacklisted.
4. Don’t use subject lines that can appear to be spam
– With spam being as big of a problem as it is these days, people
sometimes assume a message is spam without getting past the subject
line. You will want to be sure to avoid terms that sound as though they
could be used for spam (ex. Don’t miss this free opportunity! / Great
deals on new products!)
5. Make sure your from name and address are familiar
– If there is any confusion as to where your message is coming from,
your subscribers would be much less inclined to report you as a spammer
if they could contact you directly.
6. Ensure opt-out URL is CLEARLY visible
– Even if a subscriber has double-opted in to your mailing list, they
may eventually decide they’d like to unsubscribe. If you don’t give
them the option to do so, their next step may very well be likely to
report your message as spam.
you have been blacklisted or want to request to be whitelisted with
certain ISP please check out the link below with contact info fore the
most commonly used ISP’s